Saturday, April 24, 2010

This is Livid




I have wanted to get into photographing bands for almost two years now. It seems fitting that Vaughn and Livid were getting back into the swing of things and we decided we should see what we could do.



For a small, two-year block from 2003 until 2005, I was playing guitar in my band, aptly named AEPOC. That period of time, concentrating on so much that had to do with the band, really helped me through a difficult time. Practicing multiple times a week, recording audio for every practice, video for some, and still photos for most was always interesting, but I could rarely be doing any of that, as I was playing. I always wanted more, and better photos, to document the best times of my life: Playing guitar in my band.



There's definitely something to be said for standing in front of a speaker cabinet that's so loud it's actually moving your facial hair. But it's an entirely different feeling when you're in front of that cabinet, seemingly shaking the entire Earth, and it's all because of YOUR guitar playing in a song that YOU wrote and composed. Best feeling ever? If not, it's damn close. Shooting the Livid rehearsal the other day reintroduced me to that feeling.



My band never amounted to much... which is sorta fine with me considering it spawned my photography, and I'm WAY better at that than I ever was at guitar, or audio engineering. Livid, however, is a different story. Here is an excerpt taken from their website:

Livid has brought their explosive music across stage after stage since 2003. Their intense and high energy live shows have had them opening up for countless mainstays in their genre including - Godsmack, Sevendust, Dope, Drowning Pool, Soil, Breaking Benjamin, Nonpoint, Flyleaf and many more. After taking a brief hiatus from 2006-2009 for members pursue side projects and other musical interests - LIVID is back...reborn...taking the stage with fury and vengence once again.

I strongly urge you to check them out. They're fantastic at what they do, and are without a doubt headed in the right direction.

Here are some more photos for you, that aren't available anywhere else. Click on them for better viewing:







1 comment:

  1. Awesome shots! I especially like the cymbal tap shot. Looks like you're going to have a good time shooting Livid! I'm certainly going to check them out after reading that!!!

    ReplyDelete